Thousands of people agree that Samira puts the fire in bellydance. From exotic, intimate venues to sophisticated theater stages, she has lit a spark of passion in her audiences that keep them coming back for more. To have Samira in your star studded instructor lineup is to have a woman of strength, power, and grace bring you the beauty of bellydance & fire fusion in a uniquely fun and accessible way.
Samira is a Certified Group Fitness instructor, CPR/First Aid Certified, and carries dance instructor and fire performer insurance.
You can host Samira for a workshop, festival, weekend intensive, class series, or private/troupe coaching.
Choose from topics such as:
- Intro to Bellydance
- Cymbals and Rhythms
- Dance Drills and Conditioning
- How to Choreograph
- How to Improvise
- Elevating Your Stage Presence
- Performing a Full Cabaret: Entrances, Veil, Taxeem/Floorwork, Drum Solo
- Prop Focus: Finger Cymbals, Veil(s), Sword, Fan Veils, Isis Wings, Cane, Candles
- Style Focus: Egyptian, Romani, Turkish Oriental, or Tribal Fusion
- Fire Dancing & Safety
In addition to education on how to dance with style and grace, Samira also offers deep dives into expanding history and cultural understanding.
Laci "Samira" Parr's professional resume and academic background (beyond dance) is available on her LinkedIn Profile.
Get a taste of Samira's approach to dance instruction with this quick demo of how to perform a Drop Kick.
- Opened for Bellydance Superstars Show 'Club Bellydance' at the Clifton Center in Louisville, KY
- A summer as the house dancer at Sharazad Hookah Lounge in Evansville, IN
- A season of pool shows plus Halloween and Fourth of July Shows at French Lick Resort
- 'Mardi Bras' at Casino Aztar
- 'Paws & Claws' Black and White Gala at Bally's Evansville
- Hard Truth Distillery Summer Luaus
- Greek Nights at Acropolis in Evansville, IN
- Instructor for three years at PlayThink Festival in Berea, KY
- Current Member of 'Goddess Unleashed' - Ansuya's Dance Troupe